Friday, July 23, 2010

Thank You Mrs Clow...

Today we farewelled our Dental Nurse, Mrs.Clow, who has been with our Fitzroy School family for 25 years. We will miss her because she has been a fantastic dental nurse who has looked after our teeth. We all look forward to seeing her in her new clinic at NPGHS. The following poem was written for Mrs. Clow by Brooke McAuley.

THANK YOU MRS. CLOW

There’s a knock at the door, it’s Mrs Clow
Oh, no she’s waving her pink cards to and fro.

The whole class has fingers crossed with mutterings of “I hope it is not me”,
Wouldn’t you know it, a trip to the dental clinic is for Brooke McAuley.

I grip my Mum’s hand tight as I walk up the stairs,
I pray inside my head that she can tame all my fears.

As I walk through the doors, the smell of rubber and toothpaste fill the air,
Oh no! In front of me is the big scary chair.

The light is so bright I choose the pink sunnies to try and hide,
And before I know it I hear “Open wide”

Then it’s a flick here and ‘pick’ there,
Then a rinse, gurgle and a spit.

Fears enter my head of getting a dreaded filling.
When Mum nagged me to brush my teeth, I wish I had been more willing.

But as luck would have it I get the all clear.
I should have known I had nothing to fear.

However, before I can leave this place,
I get a little souvenir of a bumblebee necklace.

We thank you for all your care for the last 25 years.
You have the knack for calming all our fears.

We all have different memories of our visits to Mrs Clow
And Fitzroy School is very sad to see you go.

As we all wave goodbye with a tear in our eye
We think “Don’t worry; we will soon see you at Girls High”.

From Brooke and Fitzroy School












No comments:

Post a Comment